8.04.2008

Not Enough Time and Too Much Dehydration


This weekend went by too quickly. It is hard to say were it went. Too much went on and there was certainly not enough down time. C'est la vie!

I received my new frame. Scott Plasma Pro. I can't thank Athlete's Lounge enough for the work the did getting me on a new frame so quickly. They are the best shop around. Period.
My first real ride will be tomorrow. Should be interesting to say the least. After I got it, I spun for 45 mins. or so. The fit was ok, but may take some getting used to. I don't really want to f around too much. IM Canada is 20 days from today.

I spent most of the day hanging out at the shop waiting for my bike to be rebuilt. Thus, I didn't get in a complete five hours of riding that day as scheduled. Scott told me not to worry, but I can't help thinking that it may come back to haunt me.

This weekend was also the Mid-Summer Triathlon at Blue Lake. I didn't race but many friends and teammates did. My legs weren't really up for racing, and in the long run I am glad I didn't, but it is hard to watch your friends in the race closest to your house! A special congrats goes out to Ironheads Aleck and Grant for winning the Sprint and Olympic respectively.

After, I took a nap. Watching triathlon is hard work. I had a 2.5 hour run scheduled so after rousing I strapped on my shoes and headed from my house to the University of Portland. When I left it was cool and overcast. Half way though it was the opposite -- Sunny and Hot. I was totally dehydrated by the time I got home. I just wasn't as prepared as I usually am. Here is the route I took.


That is about it. It was a good weekend.

1 comment:

DW said...

That bike looks awesome! Great route up to UP too...miss running in that area. Looks like you are quite ready to go for IMC.