6.30.2008

Weekend of Great Training

I don't know if I have every had a more successful weekend of training. I have had good weekends. I have even had great weekends of training, but rarely are they fun. Triathlon, with all its rewards, is often a lonely pursuit. We train hard, spending long hours on hot blacktop, usually by ourselves. Sure there are group rides and group runs, but I have never been inclined to participate in that kind of activity. Usually there are too many variables.

This weekend, however, things changed. Myself and two other guys put ourselves to the test this weekend. It was a great weekend...90 mile bike w/ 5000 feet of climbing and 30 minute transition run after on Saturday. One hour open water swim and 2 hour 20 minute run on Sunday. On top of everything it was fun. My spirits are high, my legs tired but strong...let the build toward IM Canada continue.


No comments: