1.14.2008

Portland, Oregon

I have been sick the last couple of days. I have never been ill so many times in a one year period. Dating back to my run-in with strep throat after racing at Cascade Edge I have been sick at least 3 times including this year. I blame it mostly on my work. I am in constant contact with a plethora of people, all of them with their own set of plagues. Now I am sick again, not training, watching a lot of tv, interneting (I will take the liberty to call this new word a verb, infinitive form), and being glad I again live in the Pacific Northwest.

Last year at this time I was in Boston, freezing my ass off as I waited for the T to pick me up and take me to work. Those subarctic mornings seem to me a distant memory. Now I live in Portland = Paradise. If you don't believe: Portland.

I will be be better soon. I am going to train hard this week and through the next weekend. Then it will be off to Belize.

No comments: