1.21.2008

Finally...some nice weather.

It has been pretty cold here, in Portland, Oregon. It hasn't been cold, like Boston cold, but still in the 30's. People are freaking out. The people here think they are at the dawn of a new ice age, and its 37 degrees outside. It makes me remember the days when I would stand at the Brookline Village T stop at 4:45am to wait for that blasted train to pick me up for work. Those mornings the snot would freeze in my nose. I bought a giant down jacket, one more giant than the most giant you could think of. It wasn't enough. I still froze my ass off. Last winter we started talking about taking a winter tropical vacation. That dream comes to fruition Wednesday when we leave for Belize.

The basic outline of the trip goes like this:
1. Fly to Houston and connect to flight bound for Belize.
2. Arrive at Belize City airport.
3. Get picked up and driven to the jungle where will get to experience some magnificent Mayan ruins.
4. After 3 nights in the jungle we will travel to Ambergis Caye.
5. Enjoy the beach life for 5 nights. Snorkel. Yes please. Mai Tais. Yes.
6. Leave Paradise for Portland, Oregon.

Sounds good? You bet it will be. Upon our return it is going to time to get down to business triathlon. I hope to get in some big miles and some quality work next month. After the vacation it will be time to get at it. Yipee.

No comments: