9.05.2009

A New Day

Today begins a new day in the history of Husky football. I have been contemplating this post since the day Coach Steve Sarkisian was hired. I have scraped many, many ideas of what to say today. I have run the breadth of emotion in regards to this team over the past decade, and now we start again. We start with a new coaching staff in a new Husky world.

I know today will be a test. We face one of the storied programs in the country, from a place where football means more than anything -- LSU. The current line has the Huskies at about 18 point underdogs. No one, I mean not a single sane person, expects UW to see any amount of measurable success today.

Yet, in some way, there is hope. Sark's enthusiasm and energy has permeated the outer reaches of Husky Nation. Husky fans have been infected with an optimism we haven't felt in a long time; an optimism long since pushed to the recesses of our hearts. Sark has sparked a small flame in all of who remember our once proud tradition. Sark has ignited that precious flame that will one day conflagrate the remains of these last dark years and light a path to the new and bright day of Husky Football.

It is hard not to feel something special is going to happen today.

Go Dawgs!

2 comments:

gayle said...

Aww, you almost made me want to watch the Huskies today. GO BIG RED!

RDS said...

Dude!

Did you see Touchdown Willie at the 21 second mark?! I was at that game. Haven't felt the same about it since then. And now I do again.

Gotta run; time to head to the stadium.

Go Dawgs!!!
Singletary