1.22.2009

progress

Today. Today, I can speak about progress on two fronts. First, my knee seems to be feeling better. The tightness in my calf has subsited and I am looking forward to running more than 6 minutes. I can hear the din in the distance...."Wait! You ran! There was no post about this momentous event!" Nope, five minutes is hardly worth noting, but I can tell we are moving toward something more substantial. Infact, I may run for 6 minutes tomorrow.

Also, this week we make progress as a nation. WE make progress together in so many ways this week that I can't begin to enumerate them. I feel childish in my hope. I know there will be disappointments. There has never been anyone who has faced both challenges with this chasm and the expectations to immediately eradicate them as our new president does. Nonetheless, I can't help feeling hopeful.

1 comment:

DW said...

Good to hear the rehab is slowly taking shape. You got plenty of time till CdA. Slow and steady my man.

Not to brag given your ailing, but I ran further than 6 miles today for the first time since last summer.

Baby steps back to strength.

Enjoy the journey.